We know that many homeschooling families embrace the freedom they have to enjoy experiences beyond the four walls of the traditional classroom. Let the Zoo be your real-life, fresh-air, nearby learning lab. Take advantage of the opportunity to leave the computer and make contact with the exotic without leaving Oklahoma City.
Please contact Cargill Learning Center to reserve your place. Classes take place rain or shine.
· Space is limited; therefore pre-registration is required. Call 405-425-0218 to register.
· Cost per student: $7.00 each (Fee includes class, outing and admission to the zoo.)
· Non-registered siblings may not participate in class or outings and pay regular zoo admission through the main entrance. Want to use your ZooFriends pass for extra siblings/guests? Just enter through the ZF gate at the front of the zoo.
· 1 parent free for each completed transaction.
Each month we will focus on a science concept. Learning activities may include animal encounters, exhibit tours and much more. All are designed to reinforce these science topics.
Check back in August for dates and times of fall classes.
1. Home School Class is only for registered students. One Parent/Teacher is allowed
for each transaction, however they are not required to stay.
2. Options for additional siblings and adults: If not remaining in class with your child,
formally check them in with our staff. Please remember you must bring your ID
and pick up your child within ten minutes after the class ends. Lounge in the Education
backyard play area, but be sure to supervise your children. If a ZooFriends member,
you may enter through OZS to visit the zoo, however regular admission applies to
nonmembers at the zoo's main entrance.
3. Following the class, the child and their Parent/Teacher are free to enjoy the zoo.
Child must have their class name tag and adult must have zoo sticker, not only
to attend class but also to go into the zoo via Education's entrance. Additional family
members must pay regular zoo admission at the main entrance.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
1. Cancellations must be in writing—no phone or email cancellations will be accepted.
Mail to: Education Department, OKC Zoo, 2101 NE 50th, OKC, OK 73111.
2. No refunds for cancellations made less than 7 days prior to program start date.
3. Classes are transferable to children in the same age group; however a 20% service charge
applies for any changes in the original registration.
4. The Zoo resereves the right to cancel classes if registration is below required minimum.
5. Programs are held "rain or shine" unless zoo is closed due to severe weather conditions.