Check out the following classroom resources! They are available, with a $25 deposit, from the Zoo's Education Department:
Please note: Deposits are held until the resources are returned in the condition they were loaned.
Bring importance of habitats to your classroom.
- Explore six different habitats.
- Includes animal biofacts, climate graphs, and habitat descriptions.
- Address the difference in habit with relationship between consumerism and nature.
Bring nature alive for those with special needs.
- This kit allows those with special needs to take a hands-on tour of the zoo.
- Includes biofacts, models, and plush items to demonstrate animal characteristics.
- (Available for on-grounds use only.)
Suitcase for Survival
Having difficulty addressing the issue of endangered species? The Suitcase for Survival, provided by the World Wildlife Fund, contains:
- Student Activities
- Endangered Biofacts
- Shopping Checklists
- Illegal Trade Fact Sheets
Use antler sheds and porcupine quills to make your point! Purchase these and other biofacts
for use as classroom resources. Supplies are limited and include:
- Owl Pellets
- Snake Sheds
- Peacock Feathers
- Pheasant Feathers
- Ostrich Eggs & Feathers
Wild Oklahoma Kit
Bring the wildness of Oklahoma to life in your classroom!
- Explore the diversity of Oklahoma wildlife through real fur and biofacts.
- Includes a teacher’s guide with educational activities, crafts, and useful information.
Interdisciplinary workshops are available for teachers. Length and workshop costs vary. Certificates for staff development can be issued upon completion. Please contact the Zoo’s Education Department for more info.
If you have something specific in mind, contact us. We’ll see what we can do for you.